Saturday, December 24, 2011

christmas eve has just been strange. not bad, of course, but just very strange. my family are always a strange lot.

i did however get a "how to speak wookie" book with sound effect buttons in the gift exchange, so that was fun.

i was talking to my friend ranae earlier and she told me this was the first christmas eve she'd miss candlelight service at our home church, as she and her husband are now living in las vegas. i know that ranae found the service as special as i did, especially the part where one of the choir members sings Silent Night in german. So I video recorded it on my phone. you cant actually see much of anything except for a two second shot of my candle, but you can hear the singing. and it really made me feel good to bring that little piece of home to ranae this christmas. if you're readin this ranae, merry christmas from home and i hope to come visit you soon!

i'm trying to remember there are things bigger than me in this world and to be thankful for all the good things i have in my life.

merry christmas (eve) to all, and i love you and goodnight. :)

No comments: