Tuesday, June 22, 2010

livin in the land of compromise

so this whole business of moving in with someone is bullshit. not that i dont want to live with the Stranger, bc I do. and not just bc it guarantees dinner cooked for me every night. (well. that might be 30% of it) but this whole compromising space is killing me.

I HAVE TO SHARE HALF OF MY CLOSET. i've never heard such blaspheming in my life. granted, the Stranger is bringing with him some bitching..... and my mind just blanked... i want to say 'furniture that holds clothing' and cant think of the word for the life of me. anyway, he's bringing those things. BUT STILL. i had to go through my clothes and sort out things i dont wear/havent worn in awhile. it was painful in the beginning. but once i got started, i was quite proud of myself. plus i let my intern go through them and she took two bags home, so we both left that feeling pretty good. BUT STILL. if there is anyone on this planet who is a clothing junkie like me, it is the Stranger. He too is a sucker for sales. Between the two of us we spent over 400 dollars online at Express the other day (but the coupon! oooh the glorious savings!). so we're both going to have to learn compromise until at least next april when we can get a bigger place with more closets (we're already looking at some out on the lake, yay!)

I'm also struggling with the fact that I have to let him put up some of his art. Mostly bc that means I have to put up a large black&white photo of the UK flag. Maybe I can hide it in a closet?

So we're slowly but surely getting his stuff moved over. we're not in a hurry since we have a month and a half to do it.

Other than life with the Stranger, it's been a weird day. tempers flaring, misunderstandings all over the place. feelings hurt. I frankly am to the point of just giving up. Bc whats the point of fighting anymore. I'll most likely be killed in the morning. (figuratively, not literally.)

No comments: