Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Only Forever, Not Long at All

It's absolutely beautiful outside. I woke up at 8 and immediately grabbed a book and my bathing suit and went out to greet the day. I'm only typing this now bc it's getting hot and I needed to come cool off. But back out I will go, like the sun baby I am. On days like to day I am reminded why I love the outdoors and could never be happy in a place without wide open spaces, trees, and the wonderful sunshine.

I had a crazy dream last night that woke me up in one of those cold sweat fears for the next decade of my life. Let's do some backstory by saying that over the years, i have jokingly promised not one, but three different people that I will run away and marry them if i've not married anyone by the time i'm 35, for companionship, someone to do the yardwork, and tax purposes. I hope that in the next decade I can find some kind of real adult life outside of this college town, but if not, it's fun to have this kind of joke. until i have crazy dreams where i am at the grocery store and my friend runs up to me and reminds me that it's my 35th birthday and i'm getting married that evening and do i know that mom has planned it all? somehow i end up at a church that looks like a glorified tiki hut that is covered in disgustingly pink bows, with bridesmaids and flower girls i dont know in hot pink ho-attire, and my dress being a black number with ruffles. RUFFLES I TELL YOU. this all put me in a cold sweat, in dreams and real life. so somehow i walked down the makeshift aisle and when i got to the front, i guess i saw whoever it was but i honestly dont know who it was, and i woke myself up saying, 'oh jesus fucking hell.' that is verbatim as confirmed by another source present at the time. so now that we've established that i'm crazy, hate the color pink and ruffles, i've got up to ten years to figure that shit out. no pressure. NO PRESSURE.

and now for a random assortment of things.

1. i am more polite to fast food workers than i am any other customer service type employee. i dont know why this is other than i imagine that they put up with some real assholes. i always make sure to say please, thank you, and have a wonderful day.

2. i like the smell of morning the best. when its starting to get warm but it still smells lie the dew.

3. i broke my bottle of perfume and am sad bc i liked it and also bc my sandels happened to be in the bottles path and now smells like overpowering whore. and also gasoline, bc that shit still hasn't washed off.

4. i'm going out on the lake today on a boat and i think that makes this day damn near perfect. i still think i would be one happy kitten if i could live on a boat all the time.

5. i've not been sleeping well lately, for multiple reasons. but this isn't uncommon for me, now is it?

6. i miss my grandmother's pepperoni rolls.

7. i have to leave the shower curtain pulled back all the way when i'm not in it bc i'm convinced a murdering rapist is going to be hiding behind it if i'm not careful. (emphasizing the crazy today.)

8. being little spoon makes me feel safe. and that's more important than anything.

No comments: