Saturday, August 22, 2009

boredom and books

it's been a lazy day, too much of a thinking day really. so to put my mind on other things, i picked out books for my vacation. even if i dont like a book, books cant let me down. anyway. back to the books before i go on a tangent about ppl making the obviously wrong choices and me being hurt...

the books i ordered are (and cheap, thanks to amazon marketplace. i got all of them plus shipping for 30 bucks):

"Women in Evidence" -Sebastien Japrisot
"The Call of the Wild" -Jack London
"The Sunne In Splendour: A Novel of Richard III" -Sharon Kay Penman
"The Other Queen: A Novel" -Philippa Gregory
"Gone with the Wind" -Margaret Mitchell
"Martha Washington: An American Life" -Patricia Brady
"Innocent Traitor: A Novel of Lady Jane Grey" -Alison Weir


and yes. i do realize exactly how nerdy that book list is. but. might as well embrace what i am. which leads me to my next topic. a list of things that i've yet to say about myself. why a list? bc i'm bored and you're still reading.

1. i hate the color purple. i reestablished this when i was shopping. purple is the 'hot color' this season. it makes me angry. if you look in my closet i have one purple tanktop. my mother finds this hilarious because apparently around age 3-4 i would ONLY wear purple. frilly ruffly purple with frilly socks and patent leather shoes and my big coke bottle sunglasses. i think i would like to meet my 3 year old self.

2. even though i rarely wear makeup anymore unless its a special occasion or i have woken up extra early for work, i dont feel like i'm put together and look nice without mascara and eye liner. if you look in my bathroom right now you'd probably find at least 8 different mascaras and an equal number of different color eyeliners. i have absolutely no idea why this is.

3. i will fight for things i believe in even when i know i'm going to lose. i'll hold on to the hope that things will change right up to the last second even though i should know better. and ususally, i should always know better.

4. i would wear cardigan sweaters every day if i could. i have no idea why this is, bc they make me look like an old lady.

5. i love s'mores made the right way which is over a campfire and you take the time to get them golden all over. if you burn them its just not the same. although, you have to eat just one burnt one to really eat s'mores.

6. i'm afraid the things i want in life are always going to be out of reach.

7. i'm afraid of the dark. this is very embarrassing to me. i have a big thing about needing to feel safe and that is a big problem in the dark. i like storms until they knock out my power. and then i freak out. i'm such a weener.




there are too many movies on tv that i dont want to watch.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay, dear, do we need to have a talk?

Ranae W. said...

1. i'm also afraid of the dark...i slept with a night light until i was like 17

2. i'm also a nerd which is why i love you so much.

3. i would also wear cardigan sweaters every day and i just ordered 2 from jcpenney which makes it double old ladyish.

4. did i mention that i love you? ;-)