Monday, September 3, 2012


Today I'm thankful that I have a job (and bc of said job was able to take a day off!).

No but really. Sometimes I think it's crazy how I've gotten where I am. Sure I bitch about morgantown all the time, but I've been incredibly lucky/blessed/whathaveyou to get where I am. I told mom the other day that I'm grateful they pushed me to do well in school all while letting me make mistakes and fall on my ass and learn from it. I don't think this is my forever home or job, not by a long shot, but it's very good for now.

It kills me that my genius brother is wasting his degree and working retail. I've tried to bribe him
Into moving back here with free rent until he gets on his feet again, but he's content where he is. I don't feel content unless I've applied for jobs near the beach. Sadly there doesn't seem to be many opportunities in tech writing
Near the ocean. Maybe I'm meant to always be a mountain girl.

This morning I slept in and went to the outlets with lish and Jason, which is alway fun but dangerous for my paycheck. Then foster called when I got home and wanted me to go to the mall with him to pick him out some dress clothes bc they reprimanded him at law school for rolling in like a hobo in sweatpants. It's nice having him back in town after all these years and i am so proud of him for going to law school though I'd never admit it to him. And now he's got some new clothes and looks mighty fine if I say so myself.

It's going to be a busy week. Less than three weeks til vacation and basically three til my birthday. This has been a pretty life changing year for me. I hope to continue the positive trend.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: