Sunday, February 20, 2011

the life update

you all know me well enough at this point to know that my whole world outlook has been better with these last few sunny days. just a few minutes in the sunshine makes crankypants mcgooo melt away.however, my sadness for humanity has taken over. two things that have nearly made me curl up in a ball and sob are seeing an old man eat alone in a restaurant (i always create some heartbreaking story in my mind that the lone person's husband/wife/partner/whatever has died and now they have to eat alone) and seeing a bball ticket scalper with no legs sit in his wheelchair on the sidewalk of patteson drive try to hussle some money. these things break my heart and i want to scoop them up and bring them home with me.

but the sunshine. it brings a side of hope.

so i think we've found a new apartment that satisfies all our needs (washer and dryer, more bedrooms, etc etc). the complex is brand new, so new that some of the units arent even finished, which works in our favor as we finalize our decisions. i like it bc its closer to work for me but still in a quiet part of town, and it has a fireplace that you can guarantee i will nap often in front of. i just have no desire to pack and move for the billionth time. especially with the stranger who's idea of moving is throw everything away bc we dont need it in the first place. for a sentimentalist (read: hoarder) this drives me batshit crazy. so this move, it might be a battle.

this weekend i have successfully made 60+ bars of honey almond and lavender soap. i only really burnt myself once, which i call a success. next up is beeswax lipbalm. i'm all over this stuff. i love doing it but i dont think i could do it for a living. i like buying shoes too much.

also, i bought yellow heels to wear for laura's wedding. you read that right. me. yellow. heels. crazysauce.

also, i've started reading david sedaris and i dont know where he his work has been all my life.

it's time for my mid-morning sunday nap. followed by my post-lunch nap, afternoon nap, and evening rest. hey. i can be a bum today, i get a paid holiday tomorrow to actually pretend to be productive. :)

1 comment:

Ranaefrances said...

glad you found david sedaris!! i knew you would love him :-) wish it would have worked out for you to go see him with me but next time we are SOO there, he was amazing!