Tuesday, September 14, 2010

updating my 101 goals

i hadn't looked at my 101 goals list in awhile, and i had completed some of them and had several i could go ahead and take care of now. I'd told someone special how much they meant to me, i went and saw airplanes at the airport (the B-17), i'd watched a couple more foreign films (I can't recommend Day Watch and Night Watch enough.), and I've tried to keep up with my banned books (One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, The Lorax (baha, that one is so cheating), One Hundred Years of Solitude). So, as it was recommended to me, I wrote mammaw the letter telling her how important she was to me. being the chicken i am, i left it in her room when we were coming through town on Labor Day, and i have a feeling the letter meant more to her that day bc that's when i got engaged. but she has been a major factor in my life, and i do hope with everything i am that i am a person that makes her proud. she said she really appreciated the letter, and that made me feel really good.

i think next i'm going to work on sponsoring the soldier, and maybe finding a 5k to run/walk. I also need to adjust some of the goals since they do not apply anymore. Like the getting the christmas present for the lonely neighbor kid. He moved away before christmas, so i cant exactly get him a gift. i think instead I will donate more to some organization that helps people around the holidays.

for me, who makes all these plans and always falls through with them, i'm really proud that i have accomplished as many goals as i have. yeah some of them are silly, but the fact that i've actually completed them is big for me.

No comments: