Thursday, December 27, 2012

So even though I salted the steps last night I busted my booty this morning on the way to work. If this doesn't work, then I am screwed this winter:



So besides my bruised butt and ego, things have been pretty great lately. I had a good trip home, ate too much, slept a lot, got an official gluten free boyfriend, and had safe travels in the ice storm. Twice

Friday I left work at noon bc it was expected to snow. I'm glad I left when I did bc it got bad around halfway home and then got worse once I made it.




Saturday was the Samples Christmas party which is always fun. Bluegrass music, food made with butter, and everyone trying to feel josh and Erica's baby kick (due in four weeks!). Uncle mick gave me a silver dollar to help pay my student loans. I love the humor.

That evening we had a special treat bc kellie and Chris came up to Mammaws. They are two months pregnant and will find out if its a boy or girl around the time Erica is due.





Aunt Beth, uncle Larry and LJ were also at Mammaws, along with lJ's mustache...




It was sad that Laura and Mark couldn't make it this year, but I guess that is growing up. Blugh.

Sunday after church we went to visit great aunt Freda. It's weird that she is getting older. She was always so tall, but now I am just about as tall as she is. Am I getting taller? I wish. She gave me some books that belonged to my great grandparents which is neat. They have old book smell.



We also went to cabelas. I kept trying to take photos to make It look like I had antlers but i kept laughing. This is the best I could do.



On Christmas Eve I spent most of the day home alone. I didn't even get out of pjs until after four.


Ryan had hoped to come down for the day but the weather and a couple other things prevented that. However we did have a real conversation about what we were doing and decided to make a real go of things. Facebook official and all. It's scary, it's the first "real" relationship I've been in since zach, but it's a good scary. He knows about everything that happened and my seasonal depression and how in trying to be healthier and he is amazingly supportive of everything. It's refreshing.

Christmas Eve church was the same as always. It's not quite as special as it was when we were little, especially with most of the family other places. But it's still beautiful to hear Silent night in German.






Mammaw came over on Christmas Day to watch us open present and have breakfast. I am stoked bc I got a great new camera. And also some old ones!!




All in all it was a great weekend. I had to leave early yesterday bc of the ice storm, but on the plus Ryan got to come up for the night. I'm appreciative of so many things right now. Thankful for the ups and downs of this year.






























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: