Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review

2012 in Review I've been thinking about writing a 2012 in review post for awhile now, because so many things have happened this year. I thought I'd start it by going back and rereading what I was doing at the beginning of the year. Jesus. I was a mess. I frankly don't know how most of you put up with me to be honest. I still wasn't in that great of a place with myself, and I was just wallowing. I'm glad I put on my big girl panties and got my shit together. Mostly. There's still times I freak out, but, one day at a time, right? My resolution for last year was to learn patience, and jebus, I got that in spades. I mean, I moved in with Rachael for one. That's been a whole new learning experience. But as much as I had to learn patience with others, I've had to learn it with myself. And that's a bigger deal that I ever imagined. I'm not perfect and I've got a long long way to go. But, I'm thankful for that. So here are some highlights of 2012. 1. My idiot dog got famous in the WV scratch-off lotto ticket community. 2. My questionable mole wasn't cancerous. 3. I didn't move to DC for work, but did get a promotion to Activity Lead. 4. I went white water rafting for the first time and froze my ass off. 5. I went flying with a coworker in a tiny plane and got to fly over my house. 6. I became a godmother to a very adorable and spoiled by me baby. 7. Several of my dearest friends/cousins got married/had kids. 8. I survived (and had fun!!) at my ten year high school reunion, with people I've been friends with for the majority of my time on this planet. 9. I started taking better care of my health (physically and mentally) and took more time to appreciate the little things. 10. I played on a recreational soccer league and lost every game and loved every single minute of it. 11. I finished the Warrior Dash. This itself should get five mentions. 12. I participated in many charity walks/runs with work/friends/family. 13. I went on an amazing island vacation with new and old friends for my birthday and got to see a sea turtle in it's natural habitat. 14. I dyed part of my hair smurf blue. 15. I bought a car. 16. I moved into a haunted house. 17. I started dating again. 18. I made new friends, I lost old friends. I learned a lot about priorities. 19. I spent more time with friends that don't live in the ten-minute vicinity, that I've missed seeing. 20. I saw Counting Crows in concert and they were awful. haha 21. I spent more time with family and appreciate them for the fact that they are complete insane. If 2012 was about learning patience, I want 2013 to be about learning love. I did love before, and I do love now, in my own way. But I want to learn about real love. And I'm sure I'll have some crazy adventure to get there and this time next year I'll have a hundred new crazy experiences to relive. I wish each and every one of you a happy new year and I hope that it brings you happiness and love. Remember I'm always here for you and I love ya.

No comments: