Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thank goodness for long weekends. I needed this one.

I'm still at home bc I'm in the midst of a new project. Namely getting fifty layers of paint off an old vanity mom found me:



I'm really excited to have this all said and done. New hardware, new padding and material for the bench, etc. I needed this kind of project today. Something to get my brain turned off.

Yesterday we made applebutter with the family, just like we've been doing for longer than I've been alive, longer than my parents have been alive. Probably longer than Mammaws been alive. I appreciate it now as a piece of my family history more than anything.

We also went down to the town fall festival. All growing up we would go to the pumpkin festival in Milton and stay with aunt dee and uncle Roy, and I miss doing that. But the sutton festival is a sad sad close second. Maybe fifty second. Hah.

I've been spending a lot of time in my head lately. It's time to get back on track and do better. I let myself get caught up in something that was nothing again. The so called Summer of Andrea was definitely something. I don't regret it, it's all been a learning experience. But I know what I want out of life and what I need, and also what I don't need. I just need to keep on keepin on.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: