Friday, July 20, 2012


I was exhausted after soccer tonight and immediately fell asleep. And then something just woke me up and now I can't get back to sleep.

Soccer was fun tonight. We didn't know up until we started playin whether or not we would get to bc of the storm. It rained through the first half, which felt nice considering we were playing a man down. I got a header this game. Completely by accident but hey. No one else knew that. Haha.

Last night I got talked into going out bc a coworker wanted me to meet his neighbor. Somehow we ended up going to the elks lodge. Easily the youngest people by a good 20 years. But I ended up having a really good time and I guess the neighbor fellow is interested, so we may go out this weekend. The guy I went to dinner with a few nights ago asked if I'd like to go out again next week when his schedule clears up and I said sure. I've got nothing to lose here. Both have dogs and both just light up when they talk abt said dogs, like how I do calypso. It's nice to have that common ground to talk about.

I also started randomly talking to a guy that lives really far away and I prob won't get to meet for the foreseeable future, but he's actually really awesome and we share way too many interests and quirks. We were supposed to skype this evening but i fell asleep. Woops. He's fun to talk to but that's probably going to be the extent of it as I don't exactly have the free time to go visit Huntington and vice versa.

I don't know why all of a sudden people are talking to me after so long. A coworker/friend/teammate told me as he drove me to the brew pub after our game tonight (our official team post-game location) that in the last few weeks he can tell a change in me, that I have more confidence and that people are noticing. He said I could kick his ass if I wanted to but people are appreciating how much more I'm wearing skirts and dresses to work. Which makes me laugh but also feel really good. I'm finally down to a size that I feel good at and clothes fit me correctly and I feel like I have more confidence. And if you know me, confidence isn't my strong point.

With all that said i would be lying if I didn't say I feel like there is still this big hole in my heart region. But I know I'm making the right choices to move on and see what else is out there. And its terrifying but that just means its all going to be worth it in the end.

Baby puppy is in trouble by she tried to chase a cat this evening. However, she ran smack into a fence and it dazed her long enough for me to catch her. It's kind of funny but I still was freaking out. I was pooped from running all evening as it was. She hasn't liked these storms at all.

At any rate. I hope everyone is well out there in blog land. I'm going to try and get some sleep. Much love!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: