Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm so tired. Brain and body. But in a mostly good way.

Friday it took forever to get home bc of construction and wrecks. I was just done. But we had dinner at Leah's moms just like old times all of us sitting around talking shit. It just made my heart explode.

Yesterday mom and dad took the lot of us to breakfast at waffle hut. I love that my parents love my friends and vice versa. In hind sight I realize we all spent a lot of time at our house, and the parents took care of all of us the same. We were goig to go to the friends and family picnic but skipped it to go to the lake. I love the lake. I love everything abt the lake. I'm happier when I'm swimming and or on a boat. Love love.

The actual reunion dinner was not so bad. It started awkward but then everyone got a few drinks in and everyone was friendly. It really was good to catch up with some of them. I've made plans to visit some of them that I haven't talked to in years. The food was mediocre but what do you expect?

Most people went to Leah's dads farm afterward, which is also tradition. It was just good for my heart to see everyone and bs and drink around a bonfire. Strange to hang out with not one but three different boyfriends there (more ppl not from our class came to the after party. Also normal.) it's funny how after a long time you can still work up a twinge of feeling for someone. It was a nice nostalgic moment.

Today I drove Amanda to Pittsburgh to catch her flight to Ireland. I spent five hrs total in the car. There are very few ppl who I'd do that for.

I did feel out of place at the reunion, not having a husband or kid. Not even a boyfriend. No one made any comments like I was afraid of but still. I won't lie it made me feel sporadically worthless. But I know I've worked hard for where I am and I'm thankful for that. I'm just ready for more. Something more.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: