Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I've been thinking a lot these last few days, about Amy winehouse and her death. I always loved her music, her first album even more than the popular second one. And I was always fascinated by the tabloid cult following of her downfall. But she was one of those famous people that you actually rooted for. That you wanted to get better and continue to make crazy amazing music. And I legitimately was sad to hear of her death, even though from all the reports everyone seemed to know it was coming.

I cannot imagine the amount of feelings, not necessarily pain, but intense gut wrenching feelings one must have to turn to those vices. Did the feelings make the music and the music fuel the addiction? Or was it s circular sort of thing. Sober or not, any photo I've ever seen of her she had sad eyes. And it made ne want to take care if her or St least someone like her. To look at photos she was so incredibly beautiful before. It makes me sad to see people hurt themselves.

I don't know what the point of this post is. I keep listening to "Valerie" and hoping that maybe this happening will make a lot of people, famous or otherwise, realize what they have to lose. Everyone has a talent they were put on this earth to share. And it's
Sad when that talent is wasted.

That was a strange rambling post.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: