Wednesday, October 6, 2010

having never been in a car wreck (that i remember anyway, i was in one as a baby) i really had no idea what to think about all this.

i was driving to work and was slowing down cb traffic was stopped getting off the interstate. i saw that the tahoe behind me wasnt slowing down so i tapped my brakes a few times thinking they'd notice. they kept coming so i tried to swerve over onto the shoulder. they clipped my back left side and then flipped six times (i didnt make up the number, thats what the police report said). the girl is pretty banged up but was to check out of the hospital this evening, so i really hope she is ok. i've got a seatbelt mark on my chest and my back is sore, but i think thats mostly bc i tensed up knowing i was about to be hit, so it knocked me all kinds of out of whack. i know i just sat there on the side of the road gripping the steering wheel watching a car flip and i was in shock.

so still in shock, after everything got checked out and they let me go (the car is still drivable), i drove to work. everyone there made me go get checked out bc apparently i looked like a nutjob. luckily we have our own doctor and nursing staff at work (it's good to sell out to the govt sometimes) so i went over and got the full work up and was sent home with prescriptions and told to lay down. i'm supposed to go back tomorrow or friday and get checked out again once the apparent pain really sets in.

one of the eighty thousand great things about my job is that i can work from home for as long as i need. but staying home today was boring enough for me. i think i'll go in tomorrow even if i have to be wheeled in.

the stranger and my dad both said i did a smart thing by trying to swerve out of the way. had i not the tahoe would have hit me straight on and probably hurt us both much more than we are. i think it only hit me in the last hour or so exactly what happened and i freaked the fuck out.

october has just been a really crappy month. :(

No comments: