Friday, July 30, 2010

do you remember

so yesterday i stumbled across some old photos of my hometown (found here) and i was enthralled. as most of you know i loooove old photos. i then looked up the ones of Morgantown (found here) and i cant even begin to put into words how some of these photos made me feel. it's amazing to see what this town looked like before the college and student housing took over. there was such beautiful farmland and amazing large homes. and then looking through and seeing town grow, how High Street has changed, how people have changed. It takes my breath away. (yes, i know, i am the biggest nerd on the planet) i mean look at this. this is Sunnyside. all that farmland is downtown. this is just a beautiful picture. can you imagine if town still looked like this ?!? when only Woodburn and Martin hall were there? and high street looked like this?

ok, so maybe i'm going overboard. but i love all these pictures and want to put them everywhere. this is what beauty looks like. and for some reason, most of them break my heart.

in more time relevant news, the Stranger got accepted into grad school on Weds. Talk about waiting til the last minute (classes start for him the 9th) for the college to get their shit in order. I gave him his bday laptop early since I knew he'd rush right out and buy one for school. He was most pleased. I still dont know what we're doing this weekend for his bday and that drives me nuts. If we're going to be bums, i at least want the -plan- of being bums set in place.

in other news, i had crazy dreams all night last night. i think they put me in a weird mood today. we'll see how it goes.

lovelove

No comments: