Thursday, July 9, 2009

Into The Wild

Seriously, why didn't any of you tell me to read "Into The Wild" before now? What an amazing story. I recommend it to anyone.

Call me creepy but I looked the story up on wikipedia and looked at all the photos and links on youtube to the location of the incident. It gave me cold chills. More than ever I want to go to Alaska. Not to see this spot, but to see nature.

I could empathize with this kid (not really a kid I guess) about the need to just take off and get away. Granted, I never go for extended periods of time, and rarely do I cross the state line, but I know what it's like to need to disappear for awhile and not have contact with people. And then the absolute need to be around people just to...well, be around people. I know I could never survive in the wild, without internet access and arby's curly fries. but. that's that.

you may now continue with your day. nothing to see here, folks...

No comments: