Monday, May 4, 2009

Dear Blogger



Dear Blogger,

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch lately. When I come home in the evening, the last thing I want to do is be online and write. Work is gearing up and it makes my brain tired. But I have stories for you, so many stories. I went to the Kentucky Derby this weekend, blogger. It was nuts. Big hats and stiff drinks and pastel seersucker suits and drunk people in mud and horses horses horses. I gambled and won 12 whole dollars. It is something I think everyone should experience at least once. I had fun with the girls and I love Louisville and Lexington even more than I did before. I do not, however, love high heels. I am a sandals girl and will always be a sandals girl. I met fun people, had overly alcoholy drinks, got super claustrophobic, received a mullet-inspired air freshener, spent time with my favorite cousin, wore a scary hat with hot pink flowers, and witnessed what they're calling the biggest upset in derby history. all in all, not too shabby.

The weather is gross here, blogger friend. My road was closed for most of the day and I wasn't sure how i'd be getting home. they cleared it by 530 but if it rains like it is supposed to for the next 4 days, i'll be taking the long way to work. and by long i mean a good half hr-45minutes. Oregon Trail prepared, we are not. If I see any dead oxen along the way, I'll not be pleased.

I'm going to see Aerosmith and ZZ Top next month, hooray! The next 2 months are going to be a whirlwind. I am excited and at the same time all i want to do is hide in my bedroom.

and now some photos.

No comments: