Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day two of vacation, why am I awake before noon? This is unacceptable!

So overall I would say the holidays have gone pretty well. Once you get past the family drama, waking up first on Christmas only bc I have a migraine, and your friend nearly driving over the hill bc your road is solid ice, I'd say it was pretty good indeed. I got the usual assortment of books (hooray Pride and Prejudice and Zombies graphic novel!), movies (Shirley temple, much to the strangers dismay), and clothes. I still haven't figured out where or how I lost my black dress coat, but I got a very awesome military-ish one to replace it. And a new north face fleece bc I don't know if you know this but it's damn cold out there.

My mom, being my mom thought it'd be funny to get the stranger a ridiculous gift. Luckily he's ridiculous enough to play along. So for a better part of two days I saw this walking around:




Can you take that seriously? Bc I can't. Haha.

My friend kellie and her husband came to visit and forgot what it's like to drive in wv in winter and nearly put their car over the hill. Dad and the stranger had to go rescue them, so that was how they met for the first time. She was more than impressed and had wholeheartedly given her blessing. Especially to his accent, haha. It seems to win everyone over.

So now I'm in Lexington enjoying the first part of my vacation with Laura, mark, and Weezer the dog. Last night we saw quite possibly the most amazing (and by that I mean horrifying) karaoke on the planet. An epic win for all in attendance.

Speaking of winning, I totally hustled the stranger for an obscene amount of money on Sunday. He kept betting me that he'd get a better score at the dance game on Kinect than I would. I tripled his measly score more than once. Being the type who can't handle losing, we kept going. I had a lovely time spending my winnings at Express yesterday and I have my eye on a Uk hoodie that he will be purchasing today. Winning is GOOD.

I have no clue what we are doing the rest of the week. For now I'm enjoying being able to sleep and read as much as I please and getting to spend time with people I don't often get to see.


I hope your holiday was a good one and that you've got your new year goal. I'm still trying to decide on mine. I've got a pretty good idea.

Much love in this cold and snowy weather!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: